What is a stretch canopy?
- ECHK stretch canopies are modern, stylish and cost-effective alternative solutions to cover your event.
- They are open sided, elegant freestyle structures which use support masts and a membrane.
- Our tents can be configured and installed in many variations on uneven surfaces & with great flexibility.
How do you book a canopy?
- Fill out the enquiry form under “Contact Us” and we will send you a proposal via email.
- If you have immediate queries, try our Live Chat function and one of our staff will revert.
- To confirm the canopy booking, sign off and send back the proposal. If needed we will arrange a site visit.
- ECHK issue a deposit invoice which once paid completes the confirmation / booking process.
Can you cancel your booking?
- Yes, please contact ECHK for our Terms & Conditions.
- Cancellation within 7x working days prior to the project’s installation defaults to full project payment.
- Cancellation must be submitted to ECHK in writing.
RSE Reports and Fire Certificates… do you need?
- RSE (Registered Structural Engineer) reports are required if public event licenses need to be applied for.
- RSE reports consist of full structural engineering calculations and wind analysis plus canopy fire certificates.
- The documentation can take up to 7x working days to process. Each report is bespoke for your event.
- ECHK stretch membranes are treated with specialist flame retardant compliant to BS 7837.
Wind Compliance… how strong are ECHK canopies?
- All ECHK installed canopies are engineered to withstand winds of up to 60km/h.
- ECHK stretch tent membranes are designed to flex under wind pressure.
- Our tents are installed with maximum wind deflections in mind.
- Our canopies are mostly open sided making them very aerodynamic.
How do ECHK canopies work?
- The key component is a specialist stretchable waterproof membrane tensioned between surrounding perimeter poles.
- The membrane is installed from the ground up and kept aloft and in shape by central aluminum king posts or truss masts.
- If soil nails or ground anchors can’t be used on site, then water filled counterweights or concrete cast ballasts can be used.
- Each membrane is modular, flexible and can be joined and guttered together to create larger and more expansive structures.
- All our canopies are open sided. We can pull the edges down to ground level to give greater protection against the elements.
Typhoons… what happens?
- ECHK offer flexible Typhoon Service packages depending on the time of year and scale of the project.
- ECHK monitor the weather in Hong Kong and across the region & can provide on site standby services.
- In the event of a typhoon signal No. 3 being hoisted, our team will be deployed to dismantle your canopy.
- We work closely with our clients and event partners to coordinate safe dismantles and re-installations.
Extreme rain… is the canopy waterproof?
- All ECHK canopy membranes are water proof.
- Our canopies can withstand heavy monsoon rain storms, provided wind speed is below 60km/h.
- Our canopies are usually open sided, however perimeter sides can be lowered for greater rain protection.
- ECHK carefully engineer and configure our canopies to shed water to certain areas to minimize flooding.
Health & Safety… how does ECHK work?
- ECHK’s safety record is impeccable. We pride ourselves on safe working practices.
- ECHK technicians, riggers & crew are trained specially to work in accordance with strict HSE practices.
- Full Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Build Methodologies are available upon request.
- All our onsite staff carry valid HK Construction Green Cards and wear full PPE.
- All our staff have specialist insurance to operate on site.
What are the benefits of an ECHK canopy?
- They are beautiful, flexible and can transform a space like no other temporary lightweight structure.
- Our canopies help connect indoor and outdoors through organic form design and membrane engineering.
- They are strong! The perimeter ropes and membranes are tensioned to take heavy wind loads and tropical rain.
- Stretch tents are easy to work underneath. Flexible king post & perimeter mast heights for back drops & stages.
- Lighting, production equipment and themed decorations can be rigged from the central aluminum king post trusses.
- Our canopies can be rigged onto or from existing buildings, temporary structures, trees, railings and much more.
- ECHK membranes are waterproof & suited for customized printed branding, projection mapping & creative lighting.
- Our structures are fast and energy efficient to install and dismantle.
- They are cost-efficient to ship and install worldwide.
- Less is more… so “Keep it Lightweight”.